To get actively involved in town government, you may become affiliated with a political party and volunteer your services. If certain functions of government interest you, such as education, recreation or zoning, attend some of the meetings of the agency involved. All town agency meetings are open to the public. For more information, you can call Republican Town Committee ( Chairman James O’Hora at 203-972-6336 or email him at, or the Democratic Town Committee ( Chairman Ginny Apy at 203-966-0830 or email her at or Connecticut Green Party ( Secretary David Bedell at 203-594-9013 or